Saturday, April 7, 2012

chocolate chip cookies

























Two nights ago, I made a perfect meal.  The steaks were perfectly marinated and grilled, the fries were perfectly crispy, the asparagus was perfectly tender; a perfectly brown, tan, and green meal.  And the cookies...

The cookies.  It's really all about the cookies.  These cookies are hands down the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever had.  A bold statement?  Maybe.  But I'll tell you this about these cookies.  Every time I make these I have to put them away.  Because I don't really think it's such a good idea to eat 30 cookies in one sitting.  Well actually, it sounds like a great idea, but I think my ass might not agree....











































































Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon (wonderful for an added warmth, but the cookies are just as good without it)
1 stick Earth Balance butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 c. dairy free chocolate chips or chocolate cut into chunks (I use Enjoy Life)

Preheat oven to 375
Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon (if using) in bowl.  Mix well.
On medium speed, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add the egg and vanilla and continue to beat until well mixed.
On low speed, stir in the flour mixture until blended.  Add the chocolate chips and stir to integrate them into the batter.
Grease two cookie sheets, and drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls, spaced about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment